Open as PDF
Use caller ID to automatically set date and time
If you subscribe to caller ID service, the day, month and time are set
automatically with each incoming call. Follow the steps below to turn the
CID time sync feature on or off. The default setting is On.
1. When the handset is in idle mode, press MENU/SELECT to
enter the main menu.
2. Press qCID or pDIR to scroll to >Settings, then press
3. Press qCID or pDIR to scroll to >CID time sync, then press
4. Press qCID or pDIR to highlight >On or >Off, then press
MENU/SELECT to save. There is a confirmation tone and the
screen returns to the previous menu.
Home area code
If you dial seven digits to make a local call (no area code required), enter
your area code into the telephone as the home area code. When you receive
a call from within your home area code, the caller ID history only displays the
seven digits of the telephone number.
This feature makes it easy for you to place a call from the caller ID log. If you
dial 10 digits to make a local phone call, do not use this home area code
feature. If you do, you cannot place local calls from your caller ID log, as they
will have only seven digits.
To set the home area code:
1. Press MENU/SELECT in idle mode to enter the main menu.
2. Use qCID or pDIR to scroll to >Settings, then press
3. Use qCID or pDIR to scroll to >Home area code, then
press MENU/SELECT. The screen briefly shows
Only for 7 digit dial from CID.
4. Use the dialing keys to enter a three-digit home area code.
Press MUTE/DELETE to delete a digit.
Press and hold MUTE/DELETE to delete all digits.
5. Press MENU/SELECT to save. There is a confirmation tone
and the screen shows Area code will not show in CID
briefly before returning to the previous menu.
NOTE: If in the future, your telephone service provider requires you to dial 10 digits to
make a local call (area code plus telephone number), you need to delete your home
area code and dial out locally from the call ID log. With the home area code displayed,
press and hold MUTE/DELETE until the digits are deleted, and then press MENU/SELECT.
The home area code is now restored to its default setting of _ _ _ (empty).
>CID time sync
CID TIME SYNC
CID time sync
>Home area code
HOME AREA CODE