Open as PDF
If your BC780XLT is not performing properly, try the following steps.
Scanner won’t work. 1. Check the connections at both ends of the AC Adapter.
2. Turn on the wall switch of your room.You could be
using an outlet controlled by the wall switch.
3. Move the AC Adapter to another wall outlet.
Improper reception. 1. Check the antenna connection or move and reposition
2. Move the scanner.
3. You may be in a remote area which could require an
optional multi-band antenna. Check with your dealer or
local electronics store.
Scan won’t stop. 1. Adjust squelch threshold - refer to page 12, "Setting the
2. Check the antenna connection.
3. Check to see if many of the channels are locked out.
If so, the scanner has less chance of finding an
4. Review each channels frequency to see if it is still
stored in memory and is correct.
5. Its possible that none of the programmed frequencies
are currently active.
Scan won’t start. 1. Press the
2. Adjust the
3. Check to see if all channels are locked out.
Weather Scan won’t work. 1. Adjust squelch threshold - refer to page 12, "Setting the
2. Check the antenna.