Open as PDF
The Service Search feature allows you to toggle through the following ten preprogrammed
services. The frequencies selected for these services are the most commonly used around
1: PUBLIC SAFETY • 6: RAILROAD
• 2: NEWS • 7: AIR
• 3: TV BROADCAST • 8: CB RADIO
• 4: HAM RADIO • 9: FRS
• 5: MARINE • 0: SPECIAL (frequencies)
SRCH for 2 seconds. the display indicates
2. After a 3 second delay, searching begins for the first
preprogrammed service – Public Safety (initial setting).
3. If you want to skip a frequency, press
SRCH to start searching immediately.
4. To change the searched service, use
▲, ▼ or VFO after pressing SRCH for 2 seconds.
Note: • You can not change such settings as delay, during a service search.
• The channel number corresponding to certain services will appear when a
frequency within the search is active.
• You can enter one of the Service Search frequencies into Channel Memory by
E when holding on one of the frequencies.
• Special Frequencies are low-power, itinerant, FRS, "splinters" and other
frequencies which are commonly used at special events and other locations and
may or may not be licensed.
5. To exit from the service search mode, press
MAN or SCAN.
During the search of one of the preprogrammed services, the lower display line will indicate
the service that you are searching. To stop the search, press
HOLD/▲. HOLD appears in
the display. Press
HOLD/▲ or LIMIT/▼ to move up or down one programmed frequency, or
SRCH to resume searching.
Service Search Skip
You can set the scanner to skip the frequencies unwanted during service search. 100
skipped frequencies are programmable.
1. To skip over a frequency, press
L/O when stopping at the
frequency you want to skip.
2. To cancel a skip during search, press
HOLD/▲, tune in the
desired frequency using
▲, ▼ or VFO, then press L/O.
To restore all skipped frequencies, press
L/O for 2 seconds.