Open as PDF
• Turn the scanner off before disconnecting the power.
• Always write down the programmed frequencies in the event of memory loss.
• If memory is lost, simply reprogram each channel. The display shows 000.0000 in all
channels when there has been a memory loss.
• Always press each button firmly until you hear the entry tone for that key entry, unless you
have turned off the
KEY BEEP in the menu system.
• Do not use the scanner in high-moisture environments such as the kitchen or bathroom.
• Avoid placing the unit in direct sunlight or near heating elements or vents.
• If the scanner receives strong interference or electrical noise, move it or its antenna away
from the source of the noise. If possible, a higher elevation, may provide better reception.
Also try changing the height or angle of the antenna.
• Disconnect the power to the unit before cleaning.
• Clean the outside of the scanner with a mild detergent. To prevent scratches, do not use
abrasive cleaners or solvents. Be careful not to rub the LCD window.
• Do not use excessive amounts of water.
• Do not attempt any repair. The scanner contains no user serviceable parts. Contact the
Uniden Customer Service Center or take it to a qualified repair technician.
• All radios can receive birdies (undesired signals). If your scanner stops during Scan mode
and no sound is heard, it may be receiving a birdie. Birdies are internally generated
signals inherent in the electronics of the receiver.
L/O to lockout the channel, and then press SCAN to resume scanning.
Care and Maintenance