VTech CS6829 Cordless Telephone User Manual

Important safety instructions
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the
risk of re, electric shock and injury, including the following:
Read and understand all instructions.
Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners. Use a
damp cloth for cleaning.
Do not use this product near water such as near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub or
swimming pool, or in a wet basement or shower.
Do not place this product on an unstable table, shelf, stand or other unstable surfaces.
Slots and openings in the back or bottom of the telephone base and handset are provided for ventilation.
To protect them from overheating, these openings must not be blocked by placing the product on a soft
surface such as a bed, sofa or rug. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat
register. This product should not be placed in any area where proper ventilation is not provided.
This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label.
If you are not sure of the type of power supply in your home or ofce, consult your dealer or local
power company.
Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not install this product where the cord may be
walked on.
Never push objects of any kind into this product through the slots in the telephone base or handset
because they may touch dangerous voltage points or create a short circuit. Never spill liquid of any kind
on the product.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but take it to an authorized service
facility. Opening or removing parts of the telephone base or handset other than specied access doors
may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembling can cause electric shock
when the product is subsequently used.
Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to an authorized service facility under the
following conditions:
When the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
If liquid has been spilled onto the product.
If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only those
controls that are covered by the operation instructions. Improper adjustment of other controls may
result in damage and often requires extensive work by an authorized technician to restore the
product to normal operation.
If the product has been dropped and the telephone base and/or handset has been damaged.
If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
Avoid using a telephone (other than cordless) during an electrical storm. There is a remote risk of
electric shock from lightning.
Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak. Under certain circumstances,
a spark may be created when the adapter is plugged into the power outlet, or when the handset is
replaced in its cradle. This is a common event associated with the closing of any electrical circuit.
The user should not plug the phone into a power outlet, and should not put a charged handset into
the cradle, if the phone is located in an environment containing concentrations of ammable or
ame-supporting gases, unless there is adequate ventilation. A spark in such an environment could
create a re or explosion. Such environments might include: medical use of oxygen without adequate
ventilation; industrial gases (cleaning solvents; gasoline vapors; etc.); a leak of natural gas; etc.
Only put the handset of your telephone next to your ear when it is in normal talk mode.
The power adapters are intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or oor mount position. The
prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is plugged into a ceiling, under-the-table or
cabinet outlet.