AT&T EL52303 Cordless Telephone User Manual

Safety information
Read and understand all instructions in the user’s manual. Observe all markings on
the product.
Avoid using a telephone during a thunderstorm. There might be a slight chance of electric
shock from lightning.
Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak. Under certain circumstances, a spark
may be created when the adapter is plugged into the power outlet, or when the handset is
replaced in its cradle. This is a common event associated with the closing of any electrical
circuit. The user should not plug the phone into a power outlet, and should not put a charged
handset into the cradle, if the phone is located in an environment containing concentrations
of flammable or flame-supporting gases, unless there is adequate ventilation. A spark in such
an environment could create a fire or explosion. Such environments might include: medical
use of oxygen without adequate ventilation; industrial gases (cleaning solvents; gasoline
vapors; etc.); a leak of natural gas; etc.
Do not use this product near water, or when you are wet. For example, do not use it in a
wet basement or shower, or next to a swimming pool, bathtub, kitchen sink, or laundry tub.
Do not use liquids or aerosol sprays for cleaning. If the product comes in contact with any
liquids, unplug any line or power cord immediately. Do not plug the product back in until it
has dried thoroughly.
Install this product in a protected location where no one can trip over any line or power
cords. Protect cords from damage or abrasion.
If this product does not operate normally, read Troubleshooting on pages 73-82 in this
user’s manual. If you cannot solve the problem, or if the product is damaged, refer to
Limited warranty on pages 89-91. Do not open this product except as may be directed in
your user’s manual. Opening the product or reassembling it incorrectly may expose you to
hazardous voltages or other risks.
Replace batteries only as described in Battery installation and charging on pages 7-8 in
your user’s manual. Do not burn or puncture batteries — they contain caustic chemicals.
The power adapters are intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount
position. The prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if they are plugged into a
ceiling or an under-the-table or cabinet outlet.
This symbol is to alert you to important operating or servicing instructions that may
appear in this user’s manual. Always follow basic safety precautions when using this
product to reduce the risk of injury, fire, or electric shock.
Important safety information
CAUTION: Use only the power adapters provided with this product. To obtain a
replacement, visit our website at, or call
1 (800) 222–3111. In Canada, dial 1 (866) 288-4268.