Open as PDF
SETTING UP YOUR SCANNER
TURN ON THE SCANNER
For Model Number Procedure
1. Press and hold
for about 2 seconds.
2. If the screen is too dark, tap
to turn on the backlight.
3. Press the scroll control to display the volume level. Turn the
scroll control (within 10 seconds) to adjust the volume.
4. Press the scroll control again to close the volume level (or let
it disappear after 10 seconds).
5. Press Func then press the scroll control to display the
squelch level. Turn the scroll control counter-clockwise all
the way then clockwise until the noise stops, then one notch
6. Press the scroll control again to close the squelch level.
1. Rotate VOL clockwise and set the volume to around 10
2. Rotate the SQ knob counter-clockwise all the way, and then
rotate the VOL knob to nd a comfortable volume level.
Rotate the SQ clockwise until the noise stops, then one notch
The rst time you turn on your scanner it will prompt you to set the clock. See Setting the Clock.
To begin scanning right away, press the Zip button to select your country and zip/postal code (See
Data Naming to enter postcode). The scanner will load channels for your area from the database
and start scanning.