VTech TL86009 Cordless Telephone User Manual

Important safety information
Safety information
Read and understand all instructions in the user’s manual. Observe all markings
on the product.
Avoid using a telephone during a thunderstorm. There might be a slight
chance of electric shock from lightning.
Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak. If you suspect a gas leak,
report it immediately, but use a telephone away from the area where gas is
leaking. If this product is a cordless model, make sure the base is also away from
the area.
Do not use this product near water, or when you are wet. For example, do
not use it in a wet basement or shower, or next to a swimming pool, bathtub,
kitchen sink, or laundry tub. Do not use liquids or aerosol sprays for cleaning.
If the product comes in contact with any liquids, unplug any line or power cord
immediately. Do not plug the product back in until it has dried thoroughly.
Install this product in a protected location where no one can trip over any
line or power cords. Protect cords from damage or abrasion.
If this product does not operate normally, read the Troubleshooting section
on pages 13-22 of this user’s manual. If you cannot solve the problem, or if the
product is damaged, refer to the Limited warranty section on pages 34-36.
Do not open this product except as may be directed in your user’s manual.
Opening the product or reassembling it incorrectly may expose you to
hazardous voltages or other risks.
Replace batteries only as described in your user’s manual (pages 6-7). Do not
burn or puncture batteries — they contain caustic chemicals.
This power adapter is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor
mount position. The prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is
plugged into a ceiling or an under-the-table/cabinet outlet.
This symbol is to alert you to important operating or servicing instructions
that may appear in this user’s manual. Always follow basic safety precautions
when using this product to reduce the risk of injury, fire, or electric shock.