Open as PDF
Pre-Dialing Telephone Numbers
Pre-dialing lets you to enter , check , and edit a telephone number before engaging the
line. There are several ways to pre-dial a telephone number:
• Manually enter the telephone number, or
• Press one of the 16 memory location buttons, or
• Press DIRECTORY, followed by the REVIEW or button to search the phone book
• Press the REVIEW or buttons to scroll the CID memory, or
• Press the REDIAL button.
1. Press the DIAL button. The phone automatically selects a line and turns on the
2. Dial the number showing in the display.
During a phone conversation, a built-in call timer displays the length of the call in
minutes and seconds. When the call is finished, total time shows in the display for about
10 seconds. A call is timed even while it is on hold.
To have a private, off-line conversation, use the MUTE feature. The party on the telephone
line cannot hear you. A conversation can be muted during speakerphone, handset, or
1. Press MUTE. The mute indicator turns on.
2. Press MUTE to cancel and return to your phone conversation
NOTE: Switching from speakerphone to handset or headset cancels mute.