Open as PDF
18 of 28
Auto Key Lock Selection Mode
This feature prevents accidental channel change to the preferred settings
of the unit. The Auto Key Lock function temporarily disables the MODE, Up/
Down and SCAN Buttons.
To access the Auto Key Lock selection menu:
- From GMRS/FRS standby mode, press and hold the Power Button for
2 seconds to enable the Auto Key lock function; the unit will beep once
and the lock (
) icon appears on the display.
- The Power, PTT, and Monitor Buttons are not effected.
- To unlock the Auto Key function, press and hold the Power button for
2 seconds; the unit beeps once and the lock icon (
from the display.
NOTE: If the unit is turned off while Key Lock is on, the Key Lock
mode will still be in effect when the unit is again turned on.
VOX Enable Operation
This option enables you to have hands-free conversation. Your voice or
nearby sound is detected and the radio transmits without the need to
press the PTT button.
To enable VOX operation:
- From GMRS/FRS standby mode, press the SCAN button for 3 sec-
onds or until the VOX icon appears steady on the display.
- Press the PTT button momentarily to confirm VOX enable mode.
- To disable the VOX mode, press the SCAN button for 3 seconds or
until the VOX icon disappears from the display.
Weather Band Operation
This feature provides access to 10 channels within the weather band (7
NOAA channels and 3 Canadian marine channels). To select a weather
channel, the unit must be in the weather channel mode. Press and hold
the MODE button for at least 3 seconds; the weather alert icon (
appear, together with a channel number in the band. Momentarily press
the MODE button (12) once; the channel number flashes.