AT&T CRL81212 Cordless Telephone User Manual

Important safety information
This symbol is to alert you to important operating or servicing instructions that may
appear in this user’s manual. Always follow basic safety precautions when using this
product to reduce the risk of injury, fire, or electric shock.
Safety information
Read and understand all instructions in the user’s manual. Observe all markings on the product.
Avoid using a telephone during a thunderstorm. There may be a slight chance of electric shock
from lightning.
Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak. Under certain circumstances, a spark may
be created when the adapter is plugged into the power outlet, or when the handset is replaced
in its cradle. This is a common event associated with the closing of any electrical circuit. The
user should not plug the phone into a power outlet, and should not put a charged handset into
the cradle, if the phone is located in an environment containing concentrations of flammable or
flame-supporting gases, unless there is adequate ventilation. A spark in such an environment
could create a fire or explosion. Such environments might include: medical use of oxygen
without adequate ventilation; industrial gases (cleaning solvents; gasoline vapors; etc.); a leak of
natural gas; etc.
Do not use this product near water, or when you are wet. For example, do not use it in a wet
basement or shower, or next to a swimming pool, bathtub, kitchen sink, or laundry tub. Do
not use liquids or aerosol sprays for cleaning. If the product comes in contact with any liquid,
unplug any line or power cord immediately. Do not plug the product back in until it has dried
Install this product in a protected location where no one can trip over any line or power cords.
Protect cords from damage or abrasion.
If this product does not operate normally, see the Troubleshooting section on pages 48-54 of
this user’s manual. If you cannot solve the problem, or if the product is damaged, refer to the
Limited warranty section on pages 63-65. Do not open this product except as directed in your
user’s manual. Opening the product or reassembling it incorrectly may expose you to hazardous
voltages or other risks.
Replace batteries only as described in your user’s manual (pages 6-7). Do not burn or puncture
batteries — they contain caustic chemicals.
The power adapters are intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position.
The prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is plugged into a ceiling or an under-
the-table/cabinet outlet.