Open as PDF
17. The power adapter is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or ﬂoor mount position. The
prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is plugged into a ceiling, under-the-table
or cabinet outlet.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: Use Only Supplied Battery.
Do not dispose of the battery in a fire. Check with local waste management codes for special
Do not open or mutilate the battery. Released electrolyte is corrosive and may cause burns or
injury to the eyes or skin. The electrolyte may be toxic if swallowed.
Exercise care in handling batteries in order not to create a short circuit with conductive materials.
Charge the battery provided with or identified for use with this product only in accordance with
the instructions and limitations specified in this manual.
Precautions for users of implanted cardiac pacemakers
Cardiac pacemakers (applies only to digital cordless telephones):
Wireless Technology Research, LLC (WTR), an independent research entity, led a
multidisciplinary evaluation of the interference between portable wireless telephones and
implanted cardiac pacemakers. Supported by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, WTR
recommends to physicians that:
Should keep wireless telephones at least six inches from the pacemaker.
Should NOT place wireless telephones directly over the pacemaker, such as in a breast pocket,
when it is turned ON.
Should use the wireless telephone at the ear opposite the pacemaker.
WTR’s evaluation did not identify any risk to bystanders with pacemakers from other persons
using wireless telephones.
About cordless telephones
The same features that make a cordless telephone convenient create some
limitations. Telephone calls are transmitted between the telephone base and the cordless
handset by radio waves, so there is a possibility that the cordless telephone conversations
could be intercepted by radio receiving equipment within range of the cordless handset. For
this reason, you should not think of cordless telephone conversations as being as private as
those on corded telephones.
The telephone base of this cordless telephone must be connected to a
working electrical outlet. The electrical outlet should not be controlled by a wall switch. Calls
cannot be made from the cordless handset if the telephone base is unplugged, switched off or if
the electrical power is interrupted.
Some cordless telephones operate at frequencies that may cause
interference to televisions and VCRs. To minimize or prevent such interference, do not place
the telephone base of the cordless telephone near or on top of a TV or VCR. If interference is
experienced, moving the cordless telephone farther away from the TV or VCR often reduces or
eliminates the interference.
Exercise care in handling batteries in order not to create a short
circuit with conducting material such as rings, bracelets, and keys. The battery or conductor
may overheat and cause harm. Observe proper polarity between the battery and the battery