VTech DS6101 Cordless Telephone User Manual

Important safety instructions
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury, including the following:
Read and understand all instructions.
Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.
Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
Do not use this product near water such as near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, laundry
tub or swimming pool, or in a wet basement or shower.
Do not place this product on an unstable table, shelf, stand or other unstable surfaces.
Avoid placing the telephone system in places with extreme temperature, direct sunlight, or
other electrical devices. Protect your phone from moisture, dust, corrosive liquids and fumes.
Slots and openings in the back or bottom of the telephone base and handset are provided for
ventilation. To protect them from overheating, these openings must not be blocked by placing
the product on a soft surface such as a bed, sofa or rug. This product should never be placed
near or over a radiator or heat register. This product should not be placed in any area where
proper ventilation is not provided.
This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking
label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply in your home or office, consult your dealer
or local power company.
Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not install this product where the cord may
be walked on.
Never push objects of any kind into this product through the slots in the telephone base or
handset because they may touch dangerous voltage points or create a short circuit. Never spill
liquid of any kind on the product.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but take it to an
authorized service facility. Opening or removing parts of the telephone base or handset other
than specified access doors may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect
reassembling can cause electric shock when the product is subsequently used.
Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to an authorized service facility
under the following conditions:
When the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
If liquid has been spilled onto the product.
If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only
those controls that are covered by the operation instructions. Improper adjustment of other
controls may result in damage and often requires extensive work by an authorized technician
to restore the product to normal operation.
If the product has been dropped and the telephone base and/or handset has been damaged.
If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
14. Avoid using a telephone (other than cordless) during an electrical storm. There is a remote risk
of electric shock from lightning.
15. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak. Under certain
circumstances, a spark may be created when the adapter is plugged into the power outlet, or
when the handset is replaced in its cradle. This is a common event associated with the closing
of any electrical circuit. The user should not plug the phone into a power outlet, and should
not put a charged handset into the cradle, if the phone is located in an environment containing
concentrations of flammable or flame-supporting gases, unless there is adequate ventilation.
A spark in such an environment could create a fire or explosion. Such environments might
include: medical use of oxygen without adequate ventilation; industrial gases (cleaning
solvents; gasoline vapors; etc.); a leak of natural gas; etc.
16. Only put the handset of your telephone next to your ear when it is in normal talk mode.