Open as PDF
Where to Install Master
Determine location of master with the following con-
• Choose master location with regard to
residents’ lifestyle, either centrally located
(living room, kitchen, central hallway, etc.)
or securely located (master bedroom).
• Locate master in an accessible area. Do not
locate closer than 2 inches to a corner,
cabinet, counter top, etc.
• Do not locate master in an outside wall.
Insulation and temperature changes may
adversely affect unit’s performance and life.
• Select a location that will not restrict wire
routing from the speaker to the master.
Where to Install Music Speaker
Select music speaker volume control location with the
• Except for model IC-902, do not locate volume
control in a sauna or outside. Extreme heat and
moisture will adversely affect its performance
• Locate volume control a minimum of 18 inches
from fluorescent light fixtures, light or fan dim-
mer controls and other wiring (electrical power,
security system, etc.) to minimize risk of sys-
• Do not connect more than one speaker to a
monaural volume control or one pair of speak-
ers to a stereo volume control.
Locating Your Components