AT&T CL80101 Cordless Telephone User Manual

Important safety information
This symbol is to alert you to important operating or servicing instructions
that may appear in this user’s manual. Always follow basic safety
precautions when using this product to reduce the risk of injury, fire, or
electric shock.
Safety information
Read and understand all instructions in the user’s manual. Observe all markings on
the product.
Avoid using a telephone during a thunderstorm. There may be a slight chance of
electric shock from lightning.
Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak. Under certain circumstances, a
spark may be created when the adapter is plugged into the power outlet, or when
the handset is replaced in its cradle. This is a common event associated with the
closing of any electrical circuit. The user should not plug the phone into a power
outlet, and should not put a charged handset into the cradle, if the phone is located
in an environment containing concentrations of flammable or flame-supporting
gases, unless there is adequate ventilation. A spark in such an environment could
create a fire or explosion. Such environments might include: medical use of oxygen
without adequate ventilation; industrial gases (cleaning solvents; gasoline vapors;
etc.); a leak of natural gas; etc.
Do not use this product near water, or when you are wet. For example, do not use it
in a wet basement or shower, or next to a swimming pool, bathtub, kitchen sink, or
laundry tub. Do not use liquids or aerosol sprays for cleaning. If the product comes
in contact with any liquid, unplug any line or power cord immediately. Do not plug
the product back in until it has dried thoroughly.
Install this product in a protected location where no one can trip over any line or
power cords. Protect cords from damage or abrasion.
If this product does not operate normally, see the Troubleshooting section on
pages 11-18 of this user’s manual. If you cannot solve the problem, or if the
product is damaged, refer to the Limited warranty section pages 31-33. Do not
open this product except as directed in your user’s manual. Opening the product or
reassembling it incorrectly may expose you to hazardous voltages or other risks.
Replace batteries only as described in your user’s manual (pages 6-7). Do not burn
or puncture batteries — they contain caustic chemicals.
This power adapter is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount
position. The prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is plugged into a
ceiling or an under-the-table/cabinet outlet.