Open as PDF
1. When making electrical connections it is always recommended that the vehicle’s
battery be disconnected from the electrical system before performing the installation.
2. Carefully remove the trim panels covering the screws that secure the radio into the
dash cavity. Remove these screws and carefully pull the radio from the dash of the
vehicle. This will provide access to the factory radio connectors where you will
connect the Media Gateway harness.
3. Disconnect the factory 24-pin & 16-Pin harness (if present) from the back of the
radio. Disconnect the antenna from the radio.
4. Connect the 8-Pin iPod docking cable into the rst port on the Media Gateway
(farthest away from dipswitches). Carefully run the 11 foot iPod cable behind the
dash to the location where the iPod will be mounted or stored (for example the
glove box or center console). This location will vary based on the vehicle, and the
customer’s prefrence. When running this cable through the dash be sure to secure it
away from moving parts or sharp metal edges that may damage the cable.
5. If connecting the HD Radio Tuner (HDRT sold separartely), make the folllowing
connections before connecting the PXAMG to the vehichle. Plug the 3 foot HD
Radio Cable (8-Pin mini-din to 8-Pin mini-din) cable into the second port (closest to
the dipswitches) on the Media Gateway. Connect the other end of this cable into the
HD Radio tuner. Connect the factory antenna cable into the antenna connection on
the HD Radio tuner (HDRT).
6. If connecting the Satellite Radio tuner (SCC1 sold separartely), make the folllowing
connections before connecting the PXAMG to the vehicle. Plug the black end of
the 3 foot ISSR11 (8-Pin mini-din to 8-Pin mini-din; sold seperately) into the second
port (closest to the dipswitches) on the Media Gateway. If you are installing the
Satellite Radio Tuner with the HDRT, connect the ISSR11 cable to the port farthest
from the dipswitches. Connect the gray end of this cable into the Satellite Radio
7. Plug in the male connectors on the PGHMZ1 harness into the 24-pin & 16-pin
port on the back of the radio. Next, connect the factory 24-pin & 16-pin harness (if
present) into the female connector on the PGHMZ1 harness. Be sure to make a
rm connection but do not force it. Plug the Black micro-t 24-pin connector on the
PGHMZ1 harness into the PXAMG Media Gateway box.
8. To complete the installation secure the Media Gateway (PXAMG) and HD Radio
tuner (HDRT if equipped) into the cavity in the dash behind the radio. Be sure that
the cables and interface modules are not near moving parts or sharp metal edges as
they may damage the cables. To prevent rattling noises inside the dash, use zip ties,
tape, or other fasteners to mount the interfaces securely.
9. With all connections made, reconnect the vehicle’s battery, insert the key into the
ignition, and turn the vehicle on. Check for proper operation of the Media Gateway
and HD Radio tuner before reinstalling the factory dash panels.