Open as PDF
INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE
Cordless Handset AC Adapter
Base Unit User Guide
NiMH Battery 10-foot, 4-wire RJ-11 Line Cord
Rubber Battery Screw Cover 15-foot, 8-wire RJ-45 Cable
Phillips Screw Clear Plastic Overlay
PREPARING TO USE THE DC9200 SERIES
1. Prepare to install the battery into the cordless handset by
firmly pressing down on the top of the battery cover and
sliding it off. If cover is secured with a screw, remove the
2. Locate the lightly embossed numbers “1” and “2” on the
battery’s plastic connector.
3. Insert the battery connector into the handset’s connector
with the embossed numbers facing up.
Note:The handset may “beep” when the battery is connected.This is not
an indication that the telephone is ready to use.To obtain optimal perform-
ance of the telephone, be sure to charge the battery for 15 to 20 hours.
4. Replace the battery compartment cover and retaining screw.
5. Insert the provided rubber screw cover.
6. Turn the telephone base so the back panel is facing you.
Insert either end of the RJ-45 cable into the jack on the back
of the telephone labeled LINE.
7. Insert the other end of the cable into the jack on the AC
adapter labeled PHONE.
8. Insert one end of the RJ-11 line cord into the jack on the AC
adapter labeled LINE.
9. Insert the other end of this line cord into a telephone jack.
10. Plug the AC adapter into an unswitched
11.Once your telephone is connected, remove the plastic
overlay and place the paper faceplate over the keys. Replace
the plastic overlay by hooking the tabs on the overlay into
the recessed slots located on both sides.The overlay is
easiest to insert when the left or right side tabs are inserted
first, and the middle of the overlay is slightly bowed to allow
for insertion of the other tabs.
12.Place the cordless handset on the base unit.
CHARGING THE BATTERY
The rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery must be
fully charged before using the phone for the first time. It is recom-
mended that that battery pack be charged for approximately 15
to 20 hours, without interruption, before use.To charge the battery,
place the handset, keypad down, in the base unit. Make sure the
CHARGE LED on the base lights. If the LED does not light:
1. Ensure that the AC adapter is plugged in.
2. Ensure that the AC adapter is not
plugged into a switched
3. Ensure that the handset charging contacts at the bottom of
the handset are making good contact with the base unit’s
CLEANING THE BATTERY CONTACTS
To maintain a good charge, it is important to clean all charging
contacts on the handset and base unit. Use a pencil eraser or
other contact cleaner. Do not use any liquids or solvents
BATTERY SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Use only Teledex-approved battery replacements.
2. Dispose of used batteries according to local codes pertaining
to NiMH batteries.
3. Do not dispose of batteries in fire, as they may explode
4. Charge the telephone's batteries only while in the telephone
handset, and only by using the telephone base unit to charge.
Do not attempt to remove the batteries and charge them in
a separate charging unit.
5. Do not short-circuit the battery pack, as this may cause it to
explode or catch fire.
HANDSET/BASE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
This procedure establishes an exclusive link between a specific
handset and base, thereby allowing no other access to this
specific base.To accomplish this procedure, place the handset
on the base in the charging position.The LINE indicator will
blink while the process is occuring.This process occurs each
time the handset is placed on the base in the charging cradle.
ADJUSTING THE RING VOLUME
The up and down volume keys will adjust the ringer volume of
the telephone.Additionally, the DC9200 series telephone has an
optional “courtesy” ring mode, wherein the ring volume begins
at the lowest setting, then automatically rings louder with each
successive ring during an incoming call.To select the courtesy
ring mode, follow these steps:
Press the FLASH key; then the 4 key; then the STORE key; then
press the number on the keypad that corresponds to the line for
which you wish to change to courtesy ring mode, i.e; press the
number 1 for line 1, and the number 2 for line 2.
To return to regular ring mode: Press the FLASH key; then the 1
key; then the STORE key; then the number on the keypad that
corresponds to the line for which you wish to change regular ring
ADJUSTING SPEAKERPHONE VOLUME
The speakerphone has eight (8) levels.To adjust speakerphone
volume, locate the volume up/down keys, located on the front
surface of the phone below the keypad.With the speaker active,
DC9200 SERIES DIAGRAM
DC9200 SERIES USERS GUIDE
900 MHz Two-Line Digital Cordless Guestroom Telephone
6311 San Ignacio Avenue
San Jose, CA 95119 USA
Caution: Users should not attempt to make such connections themselves,but
should contact the appropriate electric inspection authority or electrician, as
The Ringer Equivalence Number (REN) of this device is 0.7B.
Notice:The Ringer Equivalence Number (REN) assigned to each terminal
device provides an indication of the maximum number of terminals
allowed to be connected to a telephone interface.The termination on an
interface may consist of any combination of devices subject only to the
requirement that the sum of the Ringer Equivalence Numbers of all the
devices does not exceed 5.This telephone connects to the telephone
network under the connecting arrangement code CA11A.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WHEN USING YOUR TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAU-
TIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE,
ELECTRIC SHOCK AND INJURY TO PERSONS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
1. READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. FOLLOW ALL WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS MARKED ON THE
3. UNPLUG THE PRODUCT FROM THE WALL OUTLET BEFORE CLEANING.
DO NOT USE LIQUID CLEANER OR AEROSOL CLEANERS.USE A DAMP
CLOTH FOR CLEANING.
4. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT NEAR WATER,FOR EXAMPLE, NEAR A
BATHTUB,WASH BOWL, KITCHEN SINK OR LAUNDRY TUB, IN A WET
BASEMENT, OR NEAR A SWIMMING POOL.
5. DO NOT PLACE THIS PRODUCT ON AN UNSTABLE CART, STAND OR
TABLE.THE PRODUCT MAY FALL, CAUSING SERIOUS DAMAGE TO THE
6. SLOTS AND OPENINGS IN THE CABINET AND THE BACK OF BOTTOM
ARE PROVIDED FOR VENTILATION,TO PROTECT IT FROM OVERHEATING.
THESE OPENINGS MUST NOT BE BLOCKED OR COVERED.THE OPENINGS
SHOULD NEVER BE BLOCKED BY PLACING THE PRODUCT ON THE BED,
SOFA, RUG OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR SURFACE.THIS PRODUCT SHOULD
NEVER BE PLACED NEAR OR OVER A RADIATOR OR HEAT REGISTER.
THIS PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE PLACED IN A BUILT-IN INSTALLATION
UNLESS PROPER VENTILATION IS PROVIDED.
7. NEVER PUSH OBJECTS OF ANY KIND INTO THIS PRODUCT THROUGH
CABINET SLOTS AS THEY MAY TOUCH DANGEROUS VOLTAGE POINTS
OR SHORT OUT PARTS THAT COULD RESULT IN A RISK OF FIRE OR
ELECTRIC SHOCK. NEVER SPILL LIQUID OF ANY KIND ON THE PRODUCT.
8.TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT DISASSEMBLE
THIS PRODUCT. BUT TAKE IT TO A QUALIFIED SERVICE FACILITY IF
SERVICE OR REPAIR WORK IS REQUIRED.OPENING OR REMOVING
COVERS MAY EXPOSE YOU TO DANGEROUS VOLTAGES OR OTHER
RISKS. INCORRECT REASSEMBLY CAN CAUSE ELECTRIC SHOCK WHEN
THE APPLIANCE IS SUBSEQUENTLY USED.
9. UNPLUG THIS PRODUCT FROM THE WALL OUTLET AND REFER
SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL UNDER THE FOLLOW-
- WHEN THE POWER SUPPLY CORD OR PLUG IS DAMAGED OR FRAYED.
- IF LIQUID HAS BEEN SPILLED INTO THE PRODUCT.
- IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO RAIN OR WATER.
- IF THE PRODUCT DOES NOT OPERATE NORMALLY BY FOLLOWING
THE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.ADJUST ONLY THOSE CONTROLS THAT
ARE COVERED BY THE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS,AS IMPROPER
ADJUSTMENT OF OTHER CONTROLS MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE,AND
MAY REQUIRE EXTENSIVE WORK BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN TO
RESTORE THE PRODUCT TO NORMAL OPERATION.
- IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN DROPPED OR THE CABINET HAS BEEN
- IF THE PRODUCT EXHIBIT A DISTINCT CHANGE IN PERFORMANCE.
10.AVOID USING A TELEPHONE (OTHER THAN A CORDLESS TYPE)
DURING AN ELECTRICAL STORM.THERE MAY BE A REMOTE RISK OF
ELECTRIC SHOCK FROM LIGHTNING.
11. DO NOT USE THE TELEPHONE TO REPORT A GAS LEAK IN THE
VICINITY OF THE LEAK.
PLEASE SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Part Number 600-0480-67A
Copyright © 2004 Teledex LLC.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.