Open as PDF
Manual de instrucciones (verso)
For the customers in the USA
Be sure to save the receipt and attach it to your WARRANTY card when having your
equipment repaired at an authorized Sony service station.
For the customers in the USA
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to
persons, including the following:
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use
liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
4. Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bath tub, wash
bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a
5. Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, or table. The
product may fall, causing serious damage to the product.
6. Slots and openings in the cabinet and the back or bottom are provided
for ventilation. To protect it from overheating, these openings must not
be blocked or covered. The openings should never be blocked by
placing the product on the bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface. This
product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register.
This product should not be placed in a built-in installation unless proper
ventilation is provided.
7. This product should be operated only from the type of power source
indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power
supply to your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
8. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this
product where the cord will be abused by persons walking on it.
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in the
risk of fire or electric shock.
10. Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots
as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could
result in a risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on
11. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but
take it to a qualified service personnel when some service or repair work
is required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous
voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembly can cause electric shock
when the appliance is subsequently used.
12. Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified
service personnel under the following conditions:
A. When the power cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
B. If liquid has been spilled into the product.
C. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
D. If the product does not operate normally by following the operation
instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the
operating instructions because improper adjustment of other
controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work
by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal operation.
E. If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
F. If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
13. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during an electrical
storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
14. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak.
To reduce the risk of fire or injury to persons by battery, read and follow
1. Use only the following type and size battery pack: Sony BP-T50.
2. Do not dispose of the battery pack in a fire. The cell may explode.
Check with local codes for possible special disposal instructions.
3. Do not open or mutilate the battery pack. Released electrolyte is
corrosive and may cause damage to the eyes or skin. It may be toxic if
4. Exercise care in handling battery in order not to short the battery with
conducting materials such as rings, bracelets, and keys. The battery or
conductor may overheat and cause burns.
5. Charge the battery pack provided with or identified for use with this
product only in accordance with the instructions and limitations
specified in the instruction manual provided for this product.
6. Observe proper polarity orientation between the battery pack and
1. This equipment complies with Part 68 of the FCC rules. On the bottom
of this equipment is a label that contains, among other information, the
FCC registration number and ringer equivalence number (REN) for this
equipment. If requested, this information must be provided to the
2. The applicable registration jack (connector) USOC-RJ11C is used for
Sony Corporation © 2000 Printed in China
The model and the serial numbers are located at the bottom
of the unit. Record the serial number in the space provided
below. Refer to these numbers whenever you call upon your
Sony dealer regarding this product.
Model No. SPP-N1003 Serial No.