Open as PDF
Mobile PDA CradleMobile PDA Cradle
© Copyright Carcomm International BV 2006. Subject to change without previous notice.
All used brandnames are owned by their respective owners
This installation manual has been prepared to provide the basic information needed to
install the CMPC-92. This manual is not intended to be definitive, because there are
different models and types of vehicles which will require different installation work.
The information given is for general guidance only.
The terms of warranty demand that this mobile PDA cradle is installed by an experienced
installer. An end-user should never attempt to install this mobile PDA cradle without
professional assistance as the installation requires special tools and knowledge.
Note: Thoroughly read the manual before beginning the installation procedure.
1. Ensure that the vehicle’s battery is disconnected before you start the installation
procedure and that it remains disconnected during the procedure.
2. Do not smoke or use open flames when working near the vehicle’s fuel system.
3. Ensure that the vehicle’s electrical cables, hydraulic lines, fuel lines and safety
equipment are not damaged during the installation.
4. Ensure that normal control and operation of the vehicle is not obstructed by the
installation,particularly the brakes and steering. Ensure that airbag operation is not
5. Electronic and other sophisticated systems (for example speed control, ABS anti-lock
brake,fuel injection-, navigation- and airbag systems) are relatively immune to
malfunction caused by PDA or GPS receiver. However, should you experience false
operation of these systems or are in any doubt whatsoever as to their functionality,
please consult the vehicle’s dealer.
6. The mobile PDA cradle is suitable for use only in vehicles with a 12V negative
grounding. Use on other supply voltages or alternative polarity will damage the
7. The PDA should not be left switched on for extended periods without running the
vehicle’s engine. Failure to comply could drain the vehicle’s battery.
Before starting the installation of the mobile PDA cradle please check if the following
contents are present :
- Mobile PDA Cradle
- Rotating Swivel
- Window Mount
- Suction Cup
- Fuse Holder cable with fuse
- Screw sets
- Surface cleaner
CMPC-92 Qtek G100 / HTC Wizard / i-Mate PDA-NCMPC-92 Qtek G100 / HTC Wizard / i-Mate PDA-N